ABOUT SAFE AND SOUND
SAFE AND SOUND IS WORKING TOWARDS A WORLD WHERE CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE ARE FREE FROM ABUSE AND EXPLOITATION.
The effect of child exploitation is devastating. It impacts upon a young person’s physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
Since 2002, we have been tackling child exploitation by providing high quality tailored one-to-one support to victims and young people at risk in Derby and Derbyshire and work to ensure that individuals receive the support they need to move forwards in their lives. From 2020, whilst maintaining our specialism in sexual exploitation, we have expanded our services to wider forms of exploitation. Our focus is on prevention, early intervention, diversion and transition.
We are committed to raising awareness which is why we deliver education and awareness to children, parents, professionals and the public to ensure that those at risk of or affected by exploitation are responded to effectively.
We also provide opportunities for any young person that has been affected by exploitation, to take part in positive events and activities that help build confidence and self-esteem. Our transition work helps our children and young people move on with the next chapter in their lives.
SAFE AND SOUND PROVIDES:
- Specialist one-to-one support for children and young people under 18 in Derby and Derbyshire identified as being, or at risk of being, exploited.
- Awareness raising work with young people and parents/carers in schools, online and in community settings.
- Multi-agency support in partnership with statutory and voluntary bodies such as the police and social services to support young people and bring justice to perpetrators.
- Nationwide training solutions and consultancy for anyone working with children, young people and families.
- Opportunities for young people in our service that have experienced exploitation to take part in rewarding activities that help build confidence and self-esteem.
- Youth diversionary activities working with other partners and providers.
- Transition work with children and young people to help them move on with their lives.
- Support of children and young people to take part in research and participation work to influence improvement and change nationally.
- Knowledge and expertise to inform local and national policy to tackle child exploitation.