In 2019 we launched our annual Butterfly Appeal – an appeal to everyone in Derbyshire to help raise funds for Safe and Sound, allowing us to continue our vital, life changing work and increase our levels of support; so we can reach even more vulnerable children and young people across our local communities.
The Appeal was recognised by the East Midlands Charity Awards in 2020 with the Fundraising Campaign of the Year award. You can see this and our other accreditations on the Awards Page.
We receive very little statutory funding and every year need to raise over £220,000 to continue transforming young lives and protecting vulnerable children, young people and their families. This is only possible thanks to your generosity.
To see the difference your donation makes, take a look at Our Impact.
Since then we’ve had the following successes –
- We delivered over 870 awareness sessions over 2019 to schools and local community groups, directly supporting over 100 children and young people
- We were chosen as Charity of the Year by several leading local businesses, including Derby County, RBS and Repton Security
- Our Mobile Phone Recycling partnership with Century Mobile and the INTU Centre has raised over £1,000
- We appointed a team of local Ambassadors to help us spread the word about the charity through their own networks within the City and County – read more about them here
- Funding has been secured for two new roles to expand our services – a Family Worker and Education Worker will join us in July 2020 to work with family groups as a whole unit and to focus more specifically on children and young people with Special Educational needs and Disabilities.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO DO MORE
To continue to provide and grow these vital services, we need to raise over £220,000 every year. While we’re able to meet some of this cost through charitable trust and foundation grants, we need to raise £100,000 from fundraising and we need your help.
Visit our JustGiving Campaign Page to find out more
To discuss how you or your company may be able to support our Butterfly Appeal and influence our vital work in Derby and Derbyshire, please get in touch with us.
Every penny counts:
Here is how the money you raise can help: