At Safe and Sound, we aim to transform children and young people’s lives for the better and we want you to help us with that vision. We are looking for BRILLIANT people to join our Board of Trustees to be part of our journey too.
We are at a pivotal point in our strategic plan and we need Trustees who can bring the experience, insights and passion to help take us realise our ambition and build a sustainable future. We want exceptional thinkers: people who can think beyond the immediate situation and people who can bring creative and different ideas to help us continue to develop. We are looking to augment our already strong Board of Trustees, in the following areas, though we welcome applications from all sectors;
- Business Development / Strategic Planning
- Regulatory / Compliance / Governance
- Fundraising / Funding Streams
- Education / Research / Evaluation
Additionally, our Trustees must:
- Share the commitment and values of Safe and Sound
- Have experience as a trustee, or equivalent, for example, school governors, leading or participating in senior teams
- Be able to create strong working relationships, bringing appropriate levels of support and challenge to debates
- Communicate clearly and concisely; being prepared to listen to others and recognise different viewpoints
- Be committed to helping create a diverse and inclusive Charity; demonstrating an accepting and positive regard for others
- empathy with the services and client groups that we seek to serve – direct experience in the field would be an advantage
A Trustee role with Safe and Sound provides an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and creative organisation, to help shape our strategy and make a difference to children and young people’s lives. Ideally, you would be based locally in the East Midlands but if you are willing to travel to visit us then we want to hear from you.
The Trustee roles are voluntary and unremunerated,
Duration: 3 Year term, potential to extend by 3 years. Location: Darley Abbey, Derby.
Time Commitment: One board meeting per quarter and attendance at board away days (maximum two days per year). There is an expectation that Trustees will also contribute and play an active role in Board subgroups, and other relevant events where they will act as ambassadors of Safe and Sound.
We welcome expressions of interest in the form of a current CV and one A4 page outline of why you want to join Safe and Sound and the skills and experience which you would bring to the board. Applications should be sent to [email protected] or alternatively contact Tracy Harrison, Chief Executive on 01332 362120 for an informal chat.
We want our Trustees to be representative of diverse communities so we actively encourage applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people and anyone who identifies as part of a community that is under-represented in the charity. Appointments will be made on merit alone.
Download our Candidate Packs